• 8 – 10 red peppers
• 1 eggplant
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of sugar
• ½ cup of water
• 1 red chili
• ½ cup olive oil
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees and roast the red capsicums and eggplant until they form a charred skin, approximately for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Peel the skin off the capsicum and eggplant, remove the seeds and dice to small pieces.
3. In a medium heated pan with lid, heat up the olive oil and add the minced garlic and diced roast vegetables. Stir until fragrant for about a minute and then add your chili stirring through well.
4. Add the water and taste with a pinch of salt and sugar and let mixture simmer on a low heat for about 2 hours. Checking up on it every half an hour making sure it doesn’t thicken too much.
5. Once the dip is finished, let cool and pour in jars for storage in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.