Breakfast Bruschetta 🍅
• 1-2 slices Sourdough bread/rye dark bread
• 50 grams of ricotta cheese
• 2 ripe large tomatoes
• ½ red onion
• Fresh basil
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Slice the bread up and spread a thin layer of the ricotta cheese on each slice of bread and then put in the oven for roughly 5 minutes or until slightly toasted.
3. In a bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, red onion and basil together using the olive oil, salt and pepper to marinate the mixture.
4. Once the bread is toasted and done you simply just add the marinated tomatoes topping the bread. A super simple yet enjoyable wholesome breakfast.
This breakfast bruschetta features a creamy layer of toasted ricotta on a sourdough toast topped with marinated tomatoes and herbs. It is a zingy and fresh start to the day that is a great alternative to all your usual boring weet-bix or porridge.
Ricotta has a great source of calcium along with a high content of Vitamin A. Tomatoes also have a high content in vitamin A, C, D and potassium. Vitamin A and C will really help boost your immunity system and help keep sickness away so getting in your daily dose of this is vital.