Total Time: 10 mintes
• 400 grams tuna in olive oil
• Half a red onion finely diced
• 1.5-2 tbsp crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
• 1.5-2 tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• A splash of olive oil
• ½ lemon juice
• Pinch of chilli flakes
• Pinch of sea salt
• Cracked pepper
• 10 mini pickles
1. Start by placing all the tuna in a Tupperware container or bowl so it is easy to mix all ingredients together at the end. The nicer brand tuna you use, the nicer the stir through will taste. Use a little bit of the oil in the tuna can/jar when placing the tuna in the bowl.
2. Finely dice up a red onion and add to the tuna.
3. Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir until nice and creamy. If it looks too dry do not be afraid to add a little more mayo, olive oil or crème fraiche.
This tuna stir-through features a creamy consistency filled with loads of different flavours and zing. The pickles, lemon juice and Dijon mustard add a perfect level of flavours to make it the most well-balanced snack, lunch, dinner or even breakfast.
Tuna has an extensive list of health benefits but one of the best ones is the large amount of omega 3 it contains. So why is Omega 3 beneficial? It may help reduce your Omega 6 fatty acid in your body which can help reduce cholesterol and may help prevent clotting and heart attacks.