Total Time: 20 Minutes
• 4 eggs
• 400-500 grams (1 can) peeled whole Italian tomatoes
• 1 yellow onion
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1 green chili
• 1 tsp Butter
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
• ½ tsp Sea salt
• 1 pinch chili flakes
• ½ block feta cheese
• 2 stalks of coriander
• Bread (optional)
1. Gently sweat the garlic and onion in the olive oil/butter on medium heated pan for roughly 5 minutes.
2. Add the canned tomatoes, salt and green chili and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Crack the eggs into the tomato sauce. TIP – If you crack the egg from a higher height, they will fall into the sauce more. Let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes, until the eggs are just setting and if you want a runnier egg, make sure to take it off the heat sooner.
4. Sprinkle over the feta cheese, chili flakes and coriander.
Enjoy this Tunisian breakfast egg and tomato dish as a fancy treat on your weekend spent at home. A perfect way to get your day started!