Vegan Polenta with Mushrooms
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 400 grams Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 100 grams assorted wild mushrooms (fresh, not dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brussell sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Mushrooms contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet lined oven tray and bake for about 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- While the veggies are roasting, boil water in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and slowly whisk in the polenta and continue to whisk constantly until the polenta is thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of Parmesan, sage, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the polenta into 3-4 bowls and top each with 1/4 of the roasted veggies and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
Voila & Belissimo!