Total Time: 30 Minutes
• 2 stalks of basil
• 2 stalks flat leaf parsley
• 1 cup green peas
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, walnuts or cashews
• 1 medium lemon, juiced
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
• 1 pinch sea salt (plus more to taste)
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 packet of spaghetti pasta
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
2. In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
3. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook, and drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
4. Toss in the blended pesto mix and the sun dried tomatoes. Top with further parmesan cheese!
Super easy and delightful!