Happy Holidays 🎄⭐️🎅🤶
Total Time: 60 Minutes
• 1 cup arborio rice (round rice)
• 2 cups water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 3 cups Milk (Oat milk, Soy milk, Almond milk or coconut milk)
• ½ tsp salt
• Sugar (if you want more sweetness to it)
For serving :
• Milk (Oat, Soy, Almond, Coconut)
1. Mix the rice, water, salt and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then let simmer at a low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add the preferred milk thereafter let the porridge swell up under lid for another 30-40 minutes or until the grains of rice are entirely cooked through. Make sure to give the bottom of the saucepan a light stir so you have no sticking and burning.
3. Serve the porridge with cold milk and either a combination of cinnamon sugar or jam.
Our bodies need carbohydrates to function well, have clarity when thinking and staying generally energised and fit. One serve of arborio or risotto rice contains about 100 to 110 grams of carbohydrates, the perfect amount to help you build muscles and stay healthy.
Arborio rice may also help restore your bowel function and can help with common health issues such as constipation and diarrhea.