Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
• 2 brown onions
• 2 cups of celery
• 1 cup mushrooms
• 1 cup apple
• ¼ cup dried cranberries
• 2 cups almond flour/meal
• 3 eggs
• 1 bunch fresh parsley
• 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 2 tbsp coconut oil/olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Dice all the vegetables and fruit into small cubes.
3. In a large pan, heat up the oil and sauté all of the diced vegetables along with the apple, cranberries, parsley, vegetable stock, salt and pepper for about 7 minutes on the pan or until very soft.
4. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture into an oven proof baking dish.
5. Mix in the flour well with all the other ingredients and then add the whisked eggs and stir it in well.
6. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until golden brown on the top.
A stuffing does not need to include bread to be amazing. This is an entirely bread free option for all you Paleos out there and it is equally as tasty as a normal stuffing. Paleo stuffing is made up of vegetables, fruit, nut flour and of course – egg. It is a highly fibrous option not only for the festive season but can be eaten all year around and is a great alternative to your normal everyday dishes and good for those that are gluten and grain intolerant.