Total Time: 20 – 30 minutes
• 1 banana
• 2 eggs
• ½ tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tbs butter
1. Peel and mush up the banana with a fork to a smooth mixture.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
3. In frying pan, melt some butter on medium heat and then add small circles of mixture to create smaller pancakes or one big pancake depending on what size pancake you want.
4. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve with berries and ice cream, lemon and sugar, maple syrup, nutella or whatever tickles your fancy.
Three ingredients to make a pancake is usually standard: flour, eggs and milk. But did you ever try and substitute these three ingredients to make an entirely gluten free option that is healthier for you and probably also more delicious.
Banana is an excellent substitute as it is both adds sweetness to the pancakes and has some fantastic health benefits. As bananas are so rich in fibre it has links to improving your general digestive health, helping your gut stay healthy and regular.