Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
• 1 brown onion
• 1 small leek
• 700 grams potato
• 1 cube vegetable stock
• 1 litre water
• 1 1/3 cups coconut milk/ oat milk/ regular cows milk
• Chili flakes
• Salt and pepper
• Olive oil
1. Dice the onion, leek and potato into small cubes.
2. Warm the olive oil to a medium heat on a saucepan and then sweat the onion and leek for a couple of minutes. Then add the potato and stock cube and continue to sweat for another couple of minutes.
3. Add boiling water to the cubes vegetables and let boil until the potatoes are soft.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and let cool down slightly before you start blending it into a smooth soup.
5. Using either a large blender or s tick blender, blend until consistency is smooth.
6. Once it is smooth, return to the heat and add the milk substitute so that it forms a nice creamy consistency.
7. Season to your liking with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
Do you need amateur vegan recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes?
Then I would strongly recommend this vegan and lactose free soup with a lot of great health benefits.
This soup is not only uncomplicated but also very cost friendly. Leeks contain a good amount of soluble fibre, including pre-biotics who act as a food for your pro-biotics bacteria that is already present and living microorganisms in your gut. Therefore, leeks may help improve your gut health keeping you regular and your stools at a good consistency.