A light, crispy, healthy salad great for your gut and full of essential vitamins!
For the Salad:
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage about one small or 1/2 large head
- 4 carrots grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint roughly chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from about 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce see notes for vegan/vegetarian option
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced or grated, from about a 1″ piece
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients to bowl.
- Stir together. Best served immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and extra herbs just before serving.