Total Time: 50 Minutes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 leeks, thinly sliced
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
• 1.2 Litres Vegetable Stock
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 100g red lentil
• 1 bouquet Garni
• Salt and pepper
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 2 heaped tbsp roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley/ or coriander
• 1 pinch of chili flakes
• A dollop of Greek yogurt
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until crisp then push to one side of pan
3. Add onion and leek and cook for a few minutes until softened.
4. Stir in Carrot, Celery and Garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, without allowing vegetables to colour
5. Pour sock into pan and add tomatoes, lentils and bouquet garni
6. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until lentils re completely tender
7. Remove Bouquet Garni, Season to taste and stir in lemon juice, parsley and a dollop of Greek yogurt and serve. If freezing for later (which this does well), leave out parsley and lemon juice and add those when you re heat and serve.
The most perfect dish to make if you want to stay warm.